Perth, Australia
After four years of playing for Carleton College and one season with the Merchtem Cats, I will trade in the maize and blue of the Knights and red and black of the Cats for the green and gold of the Balcatta Bears, one of 7 teams in the Western Austrlia Provincial League. With 6 months of baseball ahead, there is nothing else I would rather be doing.

Recent News

Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend Results vs Braaschaat

It is always hard for me to write about the games without fully letting them sink in and taking a day to digest what happened, but with clinics all week now is the best time for a little update. I'll make it quick.

On Saturday, I took the hill at home, looking for my 3rd straight win and possibly complete game. The game started off in frustrating fashion with them getting a few seeing eye singles and a double play ball that went by second base as our 2B crashed towards second. All in all it could have been much worse, and with 1 out and runners on 1st and 3rd I buckled down and got out of the inning only allowing 1 run. In the bottom of the frame, I quickly erased that deficit with an rbi single up the middle. I would add another rbi single later in the game.

Despite the early runs, the game turned out to be a pitchers duel with each team capitalizing off of defensive miscues. In the end (to make a lot of details into just a few because I need to go to bed), we ended up losing 7-4 in 11 after blowing a 2 run lead in the ninth. I finished the day throwing 10 innings and allowing 1 er while getting the no decision. At the plate I was 2 for 3 (arguably could have been 3 for 3 because I beat out a sac bunt but they said it was a throwing error) with 2 rbi and a run and 2 sac bunts.

Today was a different story with us suffering a lopsided defeat on the road. We lost 10-2 on another rainy Belgian afternoon. I was 1 for 2 with a run and a walk and some nice defensive plays in the field including a near web gem of the year on a diving play in the hole but my throw couldn't be picked out of the dirt. I have to run... more later.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment