So I have noticed, being the observant person that I am, that American ball players in Belgium seem to have several ways to approach their stay here. While some are here strictly for baseball, others have dual nationality, are trying to still get signed by pro teams in the states, or are here for the baseball and life experience of living and playing abroad.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to play pro ball in the States and think that if provided the opportunity, could be successful at that level. However, there is something to be said for being provided the opportunity to play ball, live in a new place, learn (or at least try to learn) a new language, make new friends, and for me another important plus is the opportunity to travel. Once again, I would love to play everyday, but getting to travel is a nice trade off for not having the ideal playing/practice schedule.
For me, I plan to take advantage of the travel opportunities provided to the fullest. That brings me to the two big trips I have coming up. The first is a trip Rachel and I are taking to Croatia for 10 days. For some reason, Croatia is the place I wanted to see most while over here and we have a pretty awesome trip planned.
I will fill in details when I have more time.
The next trip will take place almost the entire month of July and promises to give BJ or Bust '07 a run for its money. The tentative plan is to cram 5 or 6 of us into a rental car all wearing crazy hats and hit the road. A week in Bordeaux region, then off to Spain/Portugal for two weeks and then a week or so in Italy. Again, i'm out of time for which I apologize, but more details will be filled in and I'll post some pictures soon. Thanks for reading! More later. Peace and happy birthday Toby!
Recent News
Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dude that sounds awesome man enjoy your holiday! We still gotta grab that drink in downtown antwerp!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to see these crazy hats . . . no baseball for a month? Or will there be games also?
ReplyDeleteYeah, should be a lot of fun.... You are headed back to the States, right?
ReplyDeleteAnd Moonlight... no worries my friend, pictures of hats will follow.
By the way this is Ethan on Rachel's account