After dropping 2 games last week in embarrassing fashion, we have 2 more regular season games to get back on track before the playoffs begin. Unfortunately, it will be a while till be get back on the field in a game situation, as this week is our bye. By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I hate having 1 game a week and a bye every 6 weeks on top of that.
After losing 2, you want to get back out there and turn things around. Not wait... and wait... and wait. A week from today we play Carine and will have a chance to secure at least a top 2 finish, which will bode well for the playoffs. It is possible if things work out in our favor this week, that we will already have 2nd place on lock.
Meanwhile, away from the diamond life has been good. I have been working just about full time, but making sure that I take time to hang out with friends and take advantage of the Trady's lunch at Greenwood Pub. Best lunch deal in WA... a big steak, fries and a salad for $13. On top of that, it is also a TAB and it has been fun to put dollar bets here and there on the horse races and dog races going on around Australia and then watch the action take place. After all the hootin' and hollerin' at the screen, I normally have as much money as when I started for my efforts. For the big betting boys, a clear strategy has emerged. Always bet on a name that has "Hawk" in it (that is my nickname here). Works like a charm.
A funny thing happened the other day when me and some friends were out to dinner. They had a small selection of Belgian beers, all ridiculously priced. A Duvel for $13 dollars? I was tempted... But when I asked if they had the proper Duvel glass to accompany the beer, they looked at me like I was crazy. I explained what I meant, and they showed me the glasses that they had. None of them fit the bill and decided against the $13 Duvel... the price and lack of Belgian beer knowledge was a disgrace. I may be a cepo, but I have learned a thing or two during my travels. It did make me think of Edward Duvel/Kebab hands in the Brussels Park... good times, good times.
Today I'm off to catch some Aussie Rules Football pre-season action, my first taste of footy. Should be a good one. I will try to be more diligent about updating, but it has been tough with me working so much.
Looking forward to Rachel's return and a visit from Marcus and the Beave!
Recent News
Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment