Instead, we opted to do an all day boat trip similar to the one we took to the Similan Islands. Well this trip ended up being not as well done, but the snorkeling and sights were certainly no letdown! The Phi Phi Islands were spectacular, with dramatic limestone cliffs appearing to melt into the jade and turquoise water below. Although a bit rushed, we stopped at viking cave, emerald lagoon, Maya Bay (where The Beach was filmed), Monkey Beach, Phi Phi Don Island (where all the accommodation was booked), and Bamboo Island. Again we had a good crew, with a friendly English couple, a friendly German couple, and a Canadian gal who was burnt to a crisp. We took the seats at the front of the boat, which proved to be genius... until it started raining on our way back. All in all, another outstanding trip.
Again I will rely on the picture slide show to take you through the day...
Chicken Rock from the boat
Viking Cave
Entering Emerald Bay... Unreal
Look at all the fish around Rachel... literally all you could see were fish
Snorkeling Emerald Bay... and yes, I know I look sweet in that life jacket
Maya Bay and the beach from "The Beach"... only problem is you can't really see the beach because there are too many boats in front of it. Everyone wants a piece of Leo. Gorgeous place.
I almost caught Rach in a Russian Supermodelwannabe pose, almost
Monkey Beach, the stage for the next Monkey Shines movie
Phi Phi Don, party central and one of the most naturally beautiful places I have ever seen... it's a shame people can't take a little better care of it
Backtracking... The unlucky shorts. Remember when I mentioned buying a pair of shorts in Bangkok and the huge bargaining sess I had... well after sitting in something the first time I wore them that made it look like I pooped in my pants (I promise, I didn't), we dropped them off to get washed. This was the first time I had my laundry done all trip... i brought 4 t-shirts, 3 underwear, 1 pair of shorts, bball shorts and boardies. i had been doing all my laundry in the sink up until this point ( I know, I am rugged like Bear Grills). Well the one time I had laundry done, the woman died my lucky shorts pink. And so marked the end of the shorts (until you see me wearing them around Perth).
No comments:
Post a Comment