Perth, Australia
After four years of playing for Carleton College and one season with the Merchtem Cats, I will trade in the maize and blue of the Knights and red and black of the Cats for the green and gold of the Balcatta Bears, one of 7 teams in the Western Austrlia Provincial League. With 6 months of baseball ahead, there is nothing else I would rather be doing.

Recent News

Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Night in KL to round out the trip

All trip we had run into people who said avoid KL, there is nothing there. Well we went there and there was a market... so in our book it was pretty legit.

I don't have much on KL, but it did have some of the coolest signs that we ran into... The no kissing sign on the previous post (which was actually KL but I am too lazy to change it), a sign straight out of zoolander, directing people towards the Center for Slow Learners (I finally found my home), the umbrella sign showing motorcyclists where to go when it rains... some other keepers.

It also had the stupidest metro system I have ever seen. 10 minutes before the train arrives, you queue up in these lines. 10 MINUTES BEFORE IT GETS THERE!!!!! There is a line for only women and a cart in the middle of the trains for only women. The real cluster F occurs when the train arrives and the doors open. All the idiots waiting in line for 10 minutes are so sick of it, they bum rush the train before people get off. So you basically have a mad scramble to get on or get off before the doors close and I'm fairly certain that it creates a breeding ground for pick pockets and that someone, somewhere, sometime in KL has been trampled to death. Just plain stupid.

Anyways, this is a rather anti climactic way to end the writing about the trip, but it was kind of an anti climax at the end... accept for the fact that I went to the wrong airport and had to rush to the other one to get there on time... a damn expensive mistake.

But I made it just in time and before I knew it, I was on a plane out of Malaysia, wrapping up a greeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat trip.


Women only subway car


The subway lines that don't work and lead to a stampede every time the doors open


KL by Night


Transport/food stall rickshaw


Last real mean in SE Asia... Soup served sizzling with a cracked egg on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment