Perth, Australia
After four years of playing for Carleton College and one season with the Merchtem Cats, I will trade in the maize and blue of the Knights and red and black of the Cats for the green and gold of the Balcatta Bears, one of 7 teams in the Western Austrlia Provincial League. With 6 months of baseball ahead, there is nothing else I would rather be doing.

Recent News

Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win

Friday, November 26, 2010

Feeling Lucky

It being Thanksgiving (well, just after Turkey Day), it is only natural to be thinking of things you are thankful for. Even thousands of miles from the Turkey Day celebrations back home, the thought of thankfulness and appreciation did not escape me.

Rachel and I had a low-key but very nice Thanksgiving together. Thanks almost entirely to Rach's persistence and efforts, I arrived from practice to the heavenly smell of diner. As a side note, one of my favorite things in the world is the smells that waft out of homes at dinner time. As a kid I used to love riding my bike home from practice, getting a whiff of what others would be enjoying...but I digress. The end product of Rach's hard work was a bird (chicken... Turkeys are hard to come by around here), stuffing, cranberry sauce, whipped sweet potatoes, grilled veggies, gravy, and of course apple pie, apple and blueberry crumble, and vanilla ice cream. A meal fit for a king. Although the company of friends and family miles away was sorely missed, it was nice to have a celebration, albeit a small one.

I was thankful for the meal to be sure, but my thankfulness runs a lot deeper than that. I consider myself to be the luckiest guy in the world, and I say that in all seriousness. My whole life, I have essentially been able to do what I am passionate about and be surrounded by GREAT people. I have the best family, friend, girlfriend, blog readers, teammates... and the list goes on... that anyone could ask for.

All the places I have been able to go, things I have been able to do, and people I have been able to meet starts with my parents, who did as good a job of raising children as you can do. From there, it has been a trickle down effect of wonderfulness that makes up my life. For fear that I am sounding cheesy and too sappy to be fun to read, I am going to cut this writing short. But before I sign off, I just want to thank you, because if you are reading this right you are someone who has helped to make my life better than I ever could have asked for. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and is doing well. Sending much love to everyone.

Thankfully,

Ethan

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome E! Bart

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are thankful for you, Ethy bugs!! You are the best, most polite, compassionate and thoughtful youngest big brother a girl could ask for! Love you! Can't wait for April :)

    ReplyDelete