Perth, Australia
After four years of playing for Carleton College and one season with the Merchtem Cats, I will trade in the maize and blue of the Knights and red and black of the Cats for the green and gold of the Balcatta Bears, one of 7 teams in the Western Austrlia Provincial League. With 6 months of baseball ahead, there is nothing else I would rather be doing.

Recent News

Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win

Friday, May 27, 2011

Thank You Bears!

I find that no matter how much time you have to prepare for the end, it is always a mad dash to see everyone, pack up, and get to the airport on time. It is pretty much impossible to give everyone the goodbye they deserve, especially when every person you met bent over backwards to do things for you and make you feel at home. I experienced this in Belgium, and leaving Perth was no different.

Baseball was great. Despite a poor ending, it is hard for me not to be happy when playing the best game on earth. While I will look back on the baseball fondly, what I really will remember and cherish the most is the people I met, the generosity, pullin’ the piss with the fellas, Doug-O’s with the fans after the games, trying to figure out what people were saying when I first got there, figuring out the lingo and throwing it right back at people by the end, the list could go on forever. There are so many people to thank, so many favors I look forward to returning when people visit the States. I owe my good times in Australia to The Bears, and for that I want to thank everyone with the Bears for their share in making mine and Rachel’s time down under unforgettably fun. Thank you all so much. I miss you all already and can’t wait until we meet again… until next time Go Bears Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment