Perth, Australia
After four years of playing for Carleton College and one season with the Merchtem Cats, I will trade in the maize and blue of the Knights and red and black of the Cats for the green and gold of the Balcatta Bears, one of 7 teams in the Western Austrlia Provincial League. With 6 months of baseball ahead, there is nothing else I would rather be doing.

Recent News

Saturday 10/24: Bears beat Curtin 14-4 for another win

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Games vs. Pioneers and Croatia Pics

So I realize my last post was entirely too long and probably boring... my apologies. Here are some pictures from the Croatia trip described below.

In baseball news, it was a rather depressing day. I returned to Belgium having thought about pitching against the Pioneers all week and looking forward to seeing how I matched up against Belgium's finest in mid season form. Unfortunately, upon my return, I was given news that something was messed up in the paper work for my players license renewal and I was ineligible to play. Although this problem is only temporary, I had to sit out todays game and couldn't even sit in the dugout (which is BS if you ask me) and will probably have to do the same tomorrow. It was frustrating to watch the game and not be able to do anything or even try to help our players from a coaching standpoint. Aaron threw pretty well but was forced to throw a lot of pitches in the early going after we gave up 4 unearned runs in the first two innings. Pitch count and a very good hitting team caught up with him in the later innings and we ended up dropping the game 11-1. Bram threw well in relief, but our bats were silent for most of the game. Watching from the stands was interesting, but far from enjoyable. I felt like I could have really helped from a coaching standpoint had I been allowed on the field. I was able to see things and think through adjustments I would make as a coach and although I was unable to communicate these... many of the adjustments I thought through and the thoughts I was trying to will to my teammates proved to be correct. Although I am not ready to hang up the spikes, I think I will make a good coach down the line when my playing days are done.

Anyways, long winded again... here are the pics. A lot more are on Rachel's facebook so check them out.


Rastoke Waterfall and Village.
This is what my plate looked like after a lot of meals.
Me and Rachel standing on a lookout above Plitvicka Lakes NP.
Waterfalls at Plitvicka.
More Waterfalls at Plitvicka NP.
Hvar at sunset.
Wine toast at sunset in Dubrovnik.
Plate number one from the benefit dinner in Dubrovnik.... I think it was more delicious than it looks.
Man fishing from the rocks at sunset in Hvar.
My favorite beach of the trip in Hvar... not a bad spot to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment